赌博十大平台排行 was founded in 1925 as a progressive alternative to the more rigid and authoritarian and educational systems of the time. 我们继续走这条进步的道路, adopting many innovative programs well before their common acceptance in American education. 今天，我们继续着大学预科的传统, 男女同校的寄宿和走读学校, enrolling 250 students in grades 9 through 12 on our bucolic 140-acre camps in the Pennsylvania countryside.
We encourage students and 教师 to act collegially in the learning process and to form relationships based on mutual respect. Intrinsic to our philosophy is a profound respect for the individual and a rejection of conformity for its own sake. 鼓励每个学生进行创造性思考, 独立批判, and to understand his or her responsibility to the larger world. 而我们的风格是非正式的, our curriculum is rigorous and prepares students for success at a range of colleges according to their best fit, 包括全国最顶尖的学校.
Although the majority of Solebury’s approximately 250 students come from Pennsylvania and New Jersey, 在过去的三年里, 学生们来自19个州和12个国家.
Solebury’s students take on leadership roles that are integral to the day-to-day functioning of the school: students run our twice weekly all-school assemblies; students serve with 教师 on our Judiciary and Academic Committees; older students act as Peer Leaders and Peer Tutors for younger students; students act as Tour Guides for our admission department; students start and lead their own clubs and organizations (such as Red Cross Club and the Solebury Literary 艺术 Magazine). Students also participate in a wide range of competitive sports and other traditional activities. 通过指导学生完成这些职责, Solebury fosters maturity and personal growth in its student body.
有良好信誉的成员 PACAC 和NACAC
索伯里的学年分为三个学期. The first ends in mid-November, the second ends in early March, and the third ends in early June. Class periods are 80 minutes each with additional time for labs. 每个学期的最后三天是期末考试.
- 数学:18学分(通过代数II) & 三角函数)
- 世界语言: 18 credits (3 years of one language or two years each of two languages)
- Health: 1 credit (waived if student arrives as junior, senior, or PG)
每门全年课程为6个学分. Every student must attempt a minimum of 27 credits each year or 9 each trimester. Note that these are minimum requirements and students are encouraged to go as far as they possibly can in each discipline. Those wishing to attend a competitive college should keep in mind that such candidates usually have taken Calculus, 三个或更多的实验科学, 而且通常是学习外语的第四年. At Solebury, students often have 132 to 156 credits at graduation.
开设11门AP课程: 美国研究(AP美国历史), AP微积分AB, AP微积分BC, AP英语文学, AP法语, AP欧洲历史, AP西班牙语, 据美联社统计, AP工作室艺术, 美国政府 & 政治和AP物理或化学(交替一年).
开设22门荣誉课程: 生物、化学、物理、代数1、几何、代数2 & 三角, 多变量微积分, 美国研究文学, 社会理论, 道德, 辩论, 经济学, 历史论文, 环境科学, 有关微积分的知识, 英语9 & 10、Teach2Serve和四门高级英语选修课.
|A+ (97-100) = 4.333||B+ (87-89) = 3.333||C+ (77-79) = 2.333||D+ (67-69) = 1.333|
|A (93-96) = 4.0||B (83-86) = 3.000||C (73-76) = 2.000||D (63-66) = 1.000|
|A- (90-92) = 3.666||B- (80-82) = 2.666||C- (70-72) = 1.666||D- (60-62) = 0.666|
荣誉课程和AP课程是有权重的. 额外的好处是 不 added to the course grade itself, but is added in calculating GPA. 荣誉奖励是0.333. AP奖励为0.666.
Consistent with our philosophy of education, 赌博十大平台排行 does 不 对学生进行排名.
Solebury students are required to participate in three trimesters of a sport or activity each year.
With an emphasis on the United Nations Global Goals for Sustainable Development, 也是全球教育基准组织的成员, 学生可以深入参与全球学术课程, 文化活动, 沉浸在旅行中等等.
赌博十大平台排行 will report to colleges any disciplinary responses that result in suspension or expulsion during the student’s junior and senior year at 赌博十大平台排行. We will report the disciplinary actions that occur prior to the submission of a college application only when asked; any disciplinary actions that occurs after submission of the application will be reported to all colleges to which the student has applied.
在过去三年的毕业生中, 98% have gone to four-year colleges; the remaining 2% attend community colleges, 在高中读一年研究生, 或者休一年空档年.